[slime-devel] thread manipulation

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 27 17:14:19 UTC 2004

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> Attaching a slime-repl to a thread: (bound to a in the
> slime-list-thread menu) This will interuppt the thread, start a (fore
> ground) server in it and attach to that server in a new repl buffer.

Hmm.. this requires a bit more of work.  I basically broke the support
for multiple connections on the Lisp side when I added the control
thread stuff.  I did this because we can now talk to multiple threads
over a single connection (many messages contain a thread id) and
thought the code for multiple connections is no longer needed.  There
are a few global variables and some code will break if there are two
parallel connections.

For multiple listeners we need support for multiple (redirected)
streams.  We could add this to the protocol, e.g., by including stream
ids in the messages, or we could re-add support for multiple
connections.