[slime-devel] Interactive compile loses DSPEC info

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 26 20:49:10 UTC 2004

"bryan o'connor" <bryan-slime at lunch.org> writes:

> > make-single-line
> >   (:error The file #P"/tmp/filecLlfIH.lisp" does not exist.)
> >   (:location (:file
> > /home/kooks/XOS/Bullseye/src/Common/generic-utilities.lisp)
> > (:function-name MAKE-SINGLE-LINE))
>
> if swank-openmcl knows that the file doesn't exist, is there any
> reason to add it to the list of locations?

The only reason I can think of, is this: when people see obvious
shortcomings, they seem to be more motivated to invent a proper
solution for the problem.

Thinking about it, could we use the temporary filename to patch the
recorded source info?  IIUC, OpenMCL records the source location in
the hashtable %source-files%.  The idea is that
swank:compile-string-for-emacs replaces all entries for the temporary
file with something like (:emacs-buffer <buffer-name>).

Is this approach too naive?