[slime-devel] slime-compile-and-load-file doesn't

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 25 21:54:03 UTC 2004

Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:

> slime-compile-and-load-file compiles and displays the compiler notes,
> but doesn't load the file.
>
> I can't find anything around slime-compilation-finished-continuation
> that would actually load the file.
>
> I'm puzzled now -- doesn't anyone use C-c C-k, except me? :-)

The fasl file is only loaded if the compilation was successful, i.e.,
the third return value of COMPILE-FILE is nil.  The problem goes
usually away as soon I remove all warnings in my code :-)

causes often load time errors.  Reader errors at loadtime are
especially annoying.  Not sure which alternative is better.