[slime-devel] Missing STARTUP-MULTIPROCESSING-FOR-EMACS

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Feb 7 21:13:21 UTC 2004

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> SWANK:STARTUP-MULTIPROCESSING-FOR-EMACS does not seem to be
> defined. What am I missing? Do I have to provide the function or
> customize SLIME in some way?

There is currently no support for CMUCL's non-preemptive
multithreading.  The code for other multithreaded Lisps wouldn't work
for CMUCL.

We use signal driven IO CMUCL.  That means you should set the Emacs
variable slime-multiprocessing to nil.  SLIME no longer interferes
mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops and you can call it whenever you
like.