[slime-devel] Re: Problem with Swank and SBCL Unicode support?

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 29 18:33:21 UTC 2004

Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 12:46 -0800, Dave Roberts wrote:
>> Was playing around with TRIVIAL-SOCKETS on SBCL 0.8.17.24.
>
> I should have also reported that this was with SLIME CVS from today,
> reporting "; SLIME 2004-12-16" upon startup.

My guess: you're running in a Unicode locale, and are expecting
high-bits to be communicated properly between emacs and sbcl.  This is
possible, but is not the default: you need to set
slime-net-coding-system to utf-8-unix before starting slime/swank.

I have had this work for me at least once :)

Cheers,

Christophe