[slime-devel] Patch for additional slime-pop-find-definition-stack binding

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 16 21:36:34 UTC 2004

Matthias Koeppe <mkoeppe+slime at merkur.math.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:

> Since SLIME shadows the find-tag binding M-. with its command
> slime-edit-definition, I think it should also shadow pop-tag-mark,
> which is bound to M-* in Emacs, with slime-pop-find-definition-stack.
> (At least in my head, M-* is hardwired as the opposite of M-.)

I applied the patch.

> I don't know why M-, (the current binding of
> slime-pop-find-definition-stack) would be the opposite of M-.; in
> Emacs it's bound to tags-loop-continue (related to tags-search, not
> find-tag), but I certainly wouldn't mind if it is an additional
> binding of slime-pop-find-definition-stack.

On most keyboards, `M-,' is much easier to type because it doesn't
require any shifting and is it is also very close to M-..

M-. is also a bit different from the standard `find-tag' command,
because it doesn't ask for confirmation.  IMO, the bindings in SLIME
are quite a bit easier to use.