[slime-devel] slime-edit-definition suggestion (with patch)

bryan o'connor bryan-slime at lunch.org
Tue Dec 14 09:35:10 UTC 2004

just a quick hack to replace some code in my .emacs.  feel free to
ignore.

currently slime-edit-definition takes an optional arg that when t will
use a separate window.  this patch changes that arg to instead be one of
'window or 'frame.  if 'frame, it'll use switch-to-buffer-other-frame.

the patch, as written, is not backwards-compatible with the old version.
if that is important, it'd be trivial to rework the logic to use a frame
when 'frame and window when non-nil.  i imagine that most existing code
wanting the other-window behavior uses
slime-edit-defintion-other-window.

this patch also changes the prompt in slime-edit-definition-other-window
to "Symbol:" to be consistent with slime-edit-definition.

one additional change (not in the patch) would be to bind s-e-d-o-w to
"C-x 4 M-." and s-e-d-o-f to "C-x 5 M-.".  i'm not up on my emacs
keybinding standards.. so perhaps this is considered rude.

		...bryan