[slime-devel] SWANK:*SLDB-PPRINT-FRAMES* still available?

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Thu Dec 9 20:11:39 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:
>
>> Although the manual still mentions swank:*sldb-pprint-frames*, it
>> looks like it's no longer in the code.  Is there equivalent
>> functionality in current SLIME?  I use GNU Emacs 21.3.2 and CMUCL
>> 2004-12 under Slackware Linux 10.0.
>
> It has been renamed to *sldb-print-pretty*.  There is also a bunch of

I get this error:

Reader error at 55 on #<Stream for file "/home/paolo/.swank.lisp">:
The symbol "*SLDB-PRINT-PRETTY*" is not external in the SWANK package.
[...]

I have grepped the sources, and the variable is indeed not there.
What's puzzling is that a few hours ago I checked out a fresh working
copy from the the CVS repository...

> The manual is currently a bit behind with the code, but a quick search
> in the ChangeLog gives usually a hint was happened to previously
> exported symbols.

I recall the rename.  At that time, since I knew I was not going to
update my sources for some time, I added a comment to my ~/.swank.lisp
noting the new name for the variable.  Bet when I tried it today and
got the above error, I thought some other changes had been made while
I was not watching.

Paolo