[slime-devel] Using Slime with xemacs - "Cannot open load file: inf-lisp"

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 9 18:36:18 UTC 2004

Keith <keith at kmantell.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> and I get"Cannot open load file: inf-lisp", which I assume comes from (require
> 'inf-lisp) in slime.el
>
> I have installed ilisp.
>
> Any pointers more than welcome,

XEmacs is often distributed as "base" version and additional packages
can in some way be added later. 'inf-lisp' is one of the additional
packages.  I usually install the 'xemacs-sumo' tarball which includes
all and every package.  Gentoo may have something similar.

It is a bit strange though, that ILisp works.  ILisp also requires
inf-lisp.

In general it is better do disable ILisp when you use SLIME.