[slime-devel] editing previously entered forms causes problems

Tim Oates oates at cs.umbc.edu
Tue Dec 7 21:24:22 UTC 2004

I checked out SLIME from the CVS repository on 11/24/04.  I'm using it on
my PowerBook G4 which is running Mac OS X version 10.3.6, emacs version
21.2.1, and CLISP (a recent version, not sure which one precisely).

My problem is that when I edit a form that was previously entered, part of
it always gets chopped off when I hit enter.  For example:

CL-USER> (princ 'hello)
HELLO
HELLO

;; Now I use the arrow keys to go back to the form that was just evaluated
;; and edit it so that it looks like this

CL-USER> (princ-to-string 'hello)

;; When I hit enter I get the following

CL-USER> 'hello)

This happens every time.  All text of the form prior to the point of my
last edit within the form is chopped off.  Does anyone have any ideas on
how to fix this?  Thanks!

  - tim

Tim Oates, Assistant Professor
Department of CS and EE