[slime-devel] Key binding with 3 c's

Brian Downing bdowning at lavos.net
Fri Dec 3 07:24:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:20:41PM -0700, Surendra Singhi wrote:
> Hi,
>   The slime documentation says that key bindings with 3 continuous
> C-'s also work as key bindings with two continuous C-'s. For example
> C-c C-d C-h should work the same as C-c C-d h, but this doesn't works
> in slime 1-0. Does this bug still exists, or is it fixed?

Unfortunatly it's an emacs standard that any prefix ending in C-h will
display all the bindings on that prefix.  Lots of people have their
fingers hard-wired in this manner, so Slime doesn't bind anything ending
with C-h anymore.

(I say unfortunatly because I really liked the old Hyperspec binding -
C-c C-h - but there were a lot of (understandable) complaints about it.)

-bcd
--
*** Brian Downing <bdowning at lavos dot net>