[slime-devel] Re: Better solution to redefinition warnings in Allegro

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Tue Aug 24 16:11:39 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

>> You mean because we always pass a directory argument, even if its
>> only NIL and thus the will never happen? I guess I should just bind
>> *default-pathname-defaults* to (if directory (merge-pathnames
>> (pathname directory)) *default-pathname-defaults*) and take the
>> default value of the directory parameter.
>
> Yes, that should work.  You could also pass the buffer-file-name and
> bind it, appropriately parsed, to *default-pathname-defaults*.

Okay, so I started making the changes to the othe swank-*.lisp files.
But I couldn't decide whether I should bind
*default-pathname-defaults* in them (when there's no particular reason
to) in order to be consistent with swank-allegro.lisp and to do
something with the argument. Or should I just (declare (ignore
directory))?

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com