[slime-devel] Re: Problem with SLIME + CMUCL + CLSQL + Oracle

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Aug 19 10:19:46 UTC 2004

Ivan Toshkov <ivan at toshkov.org> writes:

> I hadn't started any threads, but perhaps the oracle backend does?

grep reveals threads-based code in CL-SQL so this seems likely.

You can use `C-c C-x t' to get a buffer listing all threads.

> Don't know, but this seems to help. The only problem is that CMUCL
> is not very resposnive, this way. It takes about a second or so to
> evaluate anything, even a self-eval numbers. Is there a way around
> this?

Does it only become slow after you connect with CL-SQL? And if you run
it outside SLIME then the toplevel remains responsive?

Generally it's easy to get "starvation" with CMUCL's threads since
they aren't preemptive. But I don't understand why you would get it
only under SLIME.

-Luke