[slime-devel] Re: What should `M-x slime' do?

Frederic Brunel frederic.brunel at in-fusio.com
Tue Aug 10 09:01:29 UTC 2004

> Related to all of this is the question of actually quitting the
> underlying Lisp. Presumably some folks who use SLIME to connect to a
> remote Lisp will want to be able to disconnect the last (or only)
> SLIME REPL without killing the Lisp and perhaps reconnect to it later.

Totally agree, that's my expected behaviour but it doesn't work.

 ~ create a swank server with ACL on localhost
 ~ start Emacs with SLIME and do M-x slime-connect on localhost
 ~ got the repl, fine
 ~ quit slime, quits ACL which is bad

however when I use slime-disconnect, its better but it's seems that the
disconnection is not well handled in the swank server. As a result, I
can't reconnect to it.

/I guess it's a bug I already had and is about the way we close sockets,
it should be handled with care. I guess I have some code somewhere to
handle this./

--
Frederic Brunel     T: +33 557 773 000
Software Architect  www.in-fusio.com