[slime-devel] Re: Weird interaction between CMU, SLIME, floating-point-modes, possibly kernel/chipset?

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:41:55 UTC 2004

rif <rif at MIT.EDU> writes:

> For this combination, I also tried changing :sigio in the .emacs to
> :fd-handler, based on some earlier discussions on this list; this
> did not seem to make any difference.

In ~/.swank.lisp you mean?

I get the incorrect result on my laptop running Linux 2.6.0. If I add
this line to my ~/.swank.lisp:

  (setq swank:*communication-style* :fd-handler)

Then I get the correct result.

Could you please double-check?

(This is based on the previous idea that Linux is saving/restoring
floating point modes when calling the SIGIO handler.)

-Luke