[slime-devel] multiprocessing, dll loading, slime, allegro 6.2 and windows

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Fri Aug 6 14:00:10 UTC 2004

I'm not sure this is the ideal forum for this slime-related bug, but I've
discovered an odd interaction between slime, allegro 6.2, multiprocessing and
foreign dll loading.

Namely, I can load some dll's using (load "foo.dll") from within emacs/slime but
others, say (load "test.dll"), fail from within emacs/slime but work fine in the
same image when run from the console instead.  Once the console loads the dll's,
I can use them fine from within the slime buffer (def-foreign or uffi, etc).

This may be a pure allegro/multiprocessing problem; but I wanted to see if
anyone here has encountered similar problems or has a suggestion for diagnosing.

Ian