[slime-devel] Re: C-g after C-c ==> debugger

Pascal J.Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Wed Aug 4 13:42:51 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie writes:
> Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
>
> > Chisheng Huang <cph at chi-square-works.com> writes:
> >
> >> Typing C-g after C-c in a buffer editing a Lisp file will get a *sldb*
> >> buffer to show up:
> >
> > Well, C-c C-g is supposed to do that.  You are free to rebind the key.
> > I for one quite like C-c C-g.  If it should be the default binding is
> > another question.  Opinions?
>
> I think we should change it to not be the default binding. I've been
> tripping over it recently when using SLIME along with other minor-mode
> that I'm not so familiar with: I press C-c, remember it's the wrong
> prefix for the command I want, then press C-g by reflex and end up in
> sldb.
>
> C-c C-b is okay for me.

Normally, it's C-c C-c, like in M-x shell or M-x eshell:

C-c C-c         comint-interrupt-subjob
C-c C-z         comint-stop-subjob
C-c C-\         comint-quit-subjob
C-c C-b         shell-backward-command

Nobody can fix the economy.  Nobody can be trusted with their finger
on the button.  Nobody's perfect.  VOTE FOR NOBODY.