[slime-devel] swank/xref and slime-load-file

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 2 17:37:48 UTC 2004

Jonathan Meeks <jm at jmeeks.com> writes:

> Would it be worth adding a load/compile/re-xref command from within
> the lisp-mode buffer?  I have my own hacked up elisp for personal use
> but could generalize it if anyone is interested.

How is that different from a re-compile with C-c C-k?

> Also, I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but how
> difficult would it be to add some sort of specially bound variable
> that has the output from the last command in the REPL?  An comparable
> example exists in ipython.

Depends what you mean with "output".  SLIME already sets the variables
*, **, and *** to the last three return values; that's not SLIME
specific it's CL standard (+,++, +++ and /,//,/// are similar).
gdb-like $<n> variables have been discussed, but I think no actual
code was written.  Remembering the text that is send to the output
stream would probably rather messy to implement.  Some people have
talked about CLIM-like presentation types where objects are presented
as clickable text, but it was also considered rather difficult.