[slime-devel] OpenMCL Stuff and Swank Compilation

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:33:25 UTC 2003

James Bielman <jamesjb at jamesjb.com> writes:

> Following Dan's suggestion in IRC I started on a loader that the Emacs
> Lisp calls to compile and load the backend---I've put it up at
> http://jamesjb.com/slime/swank-loader.lisp for comments.

Let's do it.

> Speaking of testing, a few trivial runs of the unit tests with the
> OpenMCL backend resulted in 255 failures---after glancing at the code
> it looks like it would need a fair bit of work to port.

Ahem, that's probably just my crappy scripts. I used unix exit code to
report the number of failed cases, but of course other sorts of errors
can override my number. When in doubt, run M-x slime-run-tests
interactively.

There's a bug in the interactive testing too though -- it reports the
number of successful tests with the number of failed _cases_, so it
might say "Failed 100/10 tests". Will fix :-)

-Luke