[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS update: slime/swank-cmucl.lisp

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Thu Oct 16 11:26:35 UTC 2003

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> +(defun read-next-form ()
> +  (handler-case
> +      (let* ((length (logior (ash (read-byte *emacs-io*) 16)
> +			     (ash (read-byte *emacs-io*) 8)
> +			     (read-byte *emacs-io*)))
> +	     (string (make-string length)))
> +	(sys:read-n-bytes *emacs-io* string 0 length)
> +	(read-form string))
> +    (condition (c)
> +      (throw 'serve-request-catcher c))))

OK, so what is the problem with CMUCL that means it can't use
read-sequence here?  I know it used to be broken (did partial reads)
but I thought that was fixed ages ago.  Can we not report this as a
bug to the cmucl developers?

Thanks for cleaning up my other mess.  Now I have to look through your
structure stuff and who-calls, see what I can steal for sbcl :-)

-dan

--

   http://web.metacircles.com/cirCLe_CD - Free Software Lisp/Linux distro