[slime-devel] Not displaying SLIME calls in debugger backtrace

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 27 18:03:54 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> One possibility would be to use the '--more--' mechanism.
>
> Suppose the debugger initially fetched up to N frames, but stopping if
> it reaches certain ones like SWANK::READ-FROM-EMACS. Then the user
> would initially see only his own frames, and we would not have to
> really hide anything.
>
> Thoughts?

Nice idea!  For those frames we could also change '--more--' to
something like '--swank internal--'.

> (Helmut, is there a special reason to only fetch one frame initially?)

Nothing important.  A single frame was more convenient when we still
had the WIRE stuff, parsing was really really slow, and we had a
useless handshake before entering the debugger.  Sending fewer frames
made everything a bit snappier.  But these days are long gone and now
we should make the number of frames customizable.