[slime-devel] Re: [Ilisp-devel] SLIME

Nicolas Neuss Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 27 14:38:43 UTC 2003

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com writes:

> I would be interested in hearing what others think about these different
> scenarios. In all probability,  scenario #1 will prevail; however, I would
> like to hear what others think about the different options (as well as
> options that I haven't thought of).

One question: is the license status of ILISP now completely clear?  If not,
there might be an advantage from building things anew as SLIME does.

I would have preferred the option of LEP being supported by the free Lisp
implementations (CMUCL, SBCL, CLISP, GCL).  Is LEP too complicated or
otherwise bad, so that SLIME became necessary?

Nicolas.