[slime-devel] SLIME and Lispworks?

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 27 01:08:13 UTC 2003

Alain.Picard at memetrics.com writes:

> I realize (from reading your sources so far) that
> you're focussing on CMUCL and SBCL; however, if the
> intent is to try to make the protocol sufficiently
> general/portable to other Lisps, I hereby volunteer
> my services as Lispworks user/tester/debugger (and
> even, initially) porter of whatever LW specific code
> needs to be written to get SLIME going on LW.

I've committed a first version of a Lispworks backend.  It would be
great if you could give it a try.  This backend supports about the
same features as the OpenMCL backend.

With the Personal Edition you can load it like:

 (load "/home/helmut/lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
 (swank::create-swank-server 4005)

and use M-x slime-connect to start a session.