[slime-devel] ilisp-style symbol completion patch

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:58:31 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <lgorrie at nortelnetworks.com> writes:

> xach at xach.com writes:
>
> > Attached is a patch that, along with completer.el from ILISP, adds
> > partial ILISP-style symbol completion to SLIME.
>
> Beautiful and committed.

One caveat: completion is really slow on Emacs20. From `elp' it looks
like a CPU-busy loop while `slime-eval' blocks, but I'm not
certain. It seems to work fine on Emacs 21 and XEmacs.

It's past my bedtime so I can't debug it further now - sorry Helmut :-)

(Very nice looking CVS commits over the past few minutes!)

Cheers,
Luke