[slime-devel] Re: And now for something completely different..

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:07:12 UTC 2003

Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:

>  Luke> I'm really enjoying this (the OSX people had made me jealous):
>  Luke> http://www.bluetail.com/~luke/misc/emacs/gnus-truetype-x11.png
>
> Yes, this is something that could make me switch over from XEmacs to GNU
> Emacs... I've been dreaming about this for a long time now.

Well, I must warn that the patch is actually a bit flaky: it's slow,
and the screen gets corrupted a bit (C-l or `redraw-frame' cleans is
up) I still love it :-).

I'm not sure, but there might be a similar patch floating around for
XEmacs.

(By remarkable coincidence, the guy who did the GNU Emacs + freetype
hack (Chris Gray) just popped into #lisp on IRC.)

-Luke