[slime-devel] Users!

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:23:16 UTC 2003

Avast mateys!

I have come to the shocking realisation that we actually have USERS!

Good heavens.. we haven't really prepared for this. I feel like the
proverbial guy who forgot he was hosting a party and only had light
beer when the guests arrived.

What we need is a way for new users to find out how to use SLIME --
what some would call a manual. We need the information to be easy to
update and get feedback on and for changes to be easy to
follow. Sounds like a job for Cliki! So I've started a couple of new
pages there:

  http://www.cliki.net/SLIME-HOWTO
    The mundane stuff - how to download and install.

  http://www.cliki.net/SLIME%20Features
    What features we have and how to use them.

I have only made a start on the Features page. It would be great if
newcomers to SLIME post little notes pointing out important
information that's missing, and if seasoned users and hackers help
them out and write a few words about their favourite features.

What else can we do to help people use SLIME, beyond hacking?

Cheers,
Luke