[slime-devel] Re: SLIME windows -- some suggestions

Sean O'Rourke sorourke at cs.ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 17 13:51:27 UTC 2003

While we're on the subject of usability, Slime is now annoyingly
insistent about popping up the compile window in the current frame,
even when it's already visible in another window, and even when you've
tried to suppress it.  e.g. reading mail during a compile, it will
repeatedly replace the message buffer.  I suggest one of two changes,
but prefer the first:

* pop the compile buffer up once for any compile command, rather than
  doing so on any output.

* change the comint-output-filter-functions function we add to use
  "(get-buffer-window (current-buffer) t)" instead of
  "(get-buffer-window (current-buffer)" so that it will find the
  buffer in another frame.

/s