[slime-devel] Re: Compile scrolling

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Fri Nov 14 05:39:55 UTC 2003

 Helmut> Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:
 >> Funny -- I was about to report that for me it doesn't force it to
 >> the end, it forces it to one or more prompts _before_ the end. The
 >> more I evaluate (C-M-x), the more prompts I have left between the
 >> cursor and the end of the *slime-repl* buffer. Which seems to be an
 >> obvious bug.  That's using XEmacs, BTW.

 Helmut> Does this happen when you press C-M-x in the slime-repl buffer?

[...]

No, it happens when I use C-M-x in a lisp buffer.

An example of what I mean:
  -- start XEmacs
  -- M-x slime: now I have two windows, top one being *inferior-lisp*,
     bottom one *slime-repl*
  -- "C-x o" to go to the top window
  -- open a lisp buffer
  -- "C-c C-k" to compile it
  -- after compilation, the bottom *slime-repl* buffer doesn't scroll to
     the bottom. When I do a "C-x o", the point is placed after the
     _first_ CL-USER> prompt, with all the compiler messages after
     that. Which means I have to manually "M->" to get a usable REPL.

Does this explain better what I mean?

--J.