[slime-devel] Emacs font strangeness

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 8 09:03:12 UTC 2003

Brian Downing <bdowning at lavos.net> writes:

> Notice how it's not properly inheriting, and the Height parameter is
> larger than my default face!  (116 is the _default_ default face, not my
> default).  This means that some things get huge and out of alignment.

The problem is caused by some code that tried to be clever and used
the font name of the default "highlight" face for the
"slime-highlight-face".  This seems to work for X windows, but
apparently breaks horribly on Mac OS.

I removed that and you should get now the default size.  Let me know
if it is still broken.

> By the way, congratulations on slime-repl!  It's the first time I've been
> able to write something like
>
> (progn
>   (format t "Enter foo:  ")
>   (read))
>
> and had "Enter foo:  " actually appear before the read in Emacs.  That
> doesn't work in *inferior-lisp* or ilisp's listener.

This is mostly an incident.  We flush the output buffer before reading
(due to some other problems).  ILisp doesn't actually know that the
Lisp is going to read input and so you see whatever the Lisp has
printed so far.  Flushing the output stream manually would also work
with ILisp.