[slime-devel] SLIME/SBCL bug

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Wed Nov 5 18:17:42 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie writes:
 > Raymond Wiker <Raymond.Wiker at fast.no> writes:
 >
 > >         A few things:
 > >
 > >         1) How do I subscribe to slime-devel? I'm not sure that I have
 > > anything to contribute, but I like knowing what's going on :-)
 >
 > You can subscribe to the mailing list via the web interface at
 > http://common-lisp.net/mailman/listinfo/slime-devel. Alternatively,
 > you can read via NNTP at news://news.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel

        Ok!

 > >         2) swank-sbcl does
 > >
 > >                 (require 'sb-bsd-sockets)
 > >  and
 > >                 (require 'sb-introspect)
 > >
 > >         These are asdf packages, and require won't be able to find
 > > them unless asdf itself is in the SBCL image; in other words, they
 > > should be preceded by
 > >
 > >                 (require 'asdf)
 >
 > Apparently in more recent SBCLs ASDF will auto-load. Here's what
 > Christophe Rhodes said:
 >
 >   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2003-October/000033.html

        Hum... that seems to be the case here, too... Does that mean I
have a properly-installed SBCL? Joy!

 > (Actually, that was in reply to an earlier mail from you, but it seems
 > your address you fell off the CC-list.)
 >
 > >         3) I've been seeing these errors (or something similar) for a few
 > > days now:
 > >
 > > : You have encountered a bug in SLIME.
 >
 > We had a similar report recently:
 >
 >   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2003-November/000070.html
 >
 > It seems you're running an older version of the Elisp code that the CL
 > backend that it talks to. Possibly there's an old byte-compiled
 > slime.elc being loaded instead of the latest code?

        Yup. Could even be that I had forgotten to re-load slime; I'm
in the habit of keeping my Emacs running for months. I started up a
fresh XEmacs, and slime works like a charm.

        Now that I have actually been able to play aound a little with
SLIME, I have just one thing to say: AWESOME. I don't normally use
font-lock, but I *may* have to start using it (with SLIME, at least).

Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/
Fast Search & Transfer ASA           Phone: +47 23 01 11 60
P.O. Box 1677 Vika                   Fax:   +47 35 54 87 99
NO-0120 Oslo, NORWAY                 Mob:   +47 48 01 11 60

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/