[slime-devel] SLIME/SBCL bug

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Wed Nov 5 17:28:47 UTC 2003

        A few things:

        1) How do I subscribe to slime-devel? I'm not sure that I have
anything to contribute, but I like knowing what's going on :-)

        2) swank-sbcl does

                (require 'sb-bsd-sockets)
 and
                (require 'sb-introspect)

        These are asdf packages, and require won't be able to find
them unless asdf itself is in the SBCL image; in other words, they
should be preceded by

                (require 'asdf)

        3) I've been seeing these errors (or something similar) for a few
days now:

: You have encountered a bug in SLIME.
:
: The communication state machine received an event that was illegal for
: its current state, which means that the communication between Emacs
: and Lisp has lost synchronization. The connection to Lisp has
: therefore been closed.
:
: You can open a fresh connection with `M-x slime'.
:
: Please report this problem to your friendly neighbourhood SLIME
: hacker, or the mailing list at slime-devel at common-lisp.net. Please
: include in your report:
:
:   A description of what you were doing when the problem occured,
:   the version of SLIME, Emacs, and Lisp that you are using,
:   the Lisp backtrace, if one was printed,
:   and the information printed below:
:
: The event was:
: (:new-features
:  ("ASDF" "ANSI-CL" "COMMON-LISP" "SBCL" "UNIX" "SB-DOC" "SB-TEST" "IEEE-FLOATING-POINT" "X86" "BSD" "FREEBSD" "GENCGC" "STACK-GROWS-DOWNWARD-NOT-UPWARD" "C-STACK-IS-CONTROL-STACK"))
:
:
: The state stack was:
: (slime-evaluating-state slime-idle-state)