[slime-devel] swank.lisp 1.50 breaks Slime

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Sun Nov 2 20:59:27 UTC 2003

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> Luke Gorrie writes:
>
> > Maybe you have an out-of-date byte compiled copy of slime.el or
> > something?
>
> By the way, can slime.el be compiled? Since README doesn't mention
> this, and there is apparently no automated build procedure like that
> for .lisp files, I assumed that it shouldn't.

It should be okay to byte-compile - if not it's a bug. I just did a
little tweaking and it seems to work for me. I don't usually do this,
because when I byte-compile I always end up with troubles like
Johannes had.

Byte-compiling did flush out some bugs embarrassing bugs that I fixed
on the way past - so I'll do it more often :-)

-Luke