[slime-devel] Problem with Slime/OpenMCL REPL

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 18 13:04:35 UTC 2003

Camille Troillard <tuscland at mac.com> writes:

> Perhaps it would be a good idea to try to see what's wrong with OpenMCL.
> Or if you have a precise idea, tell me and I'll try to introspect it
> next week.

There's nothing wrong with OpenMCL.  It's just that we need a way to
invoke our debugger on a break.  In CMUCL we can use *DEBUGGER-HOOK*
for this, because CMUCL isn't quite ANSI conform in this regard.  We
need a different solution for OpenMCL.  The patch was written for
OpenMCL 0.12 (the version I have access to), but doesn't seem to work
for newer versions.  You could look at the source of BREAK and change
it.  All you have to add is a call to *DEBUGGER-HOOK* or a call
swank::swank-debugger-hook directly.