[slime-devel] Problem with Slime/OpenMCL REPL

Camille Troillard tuscland at mac.com
Tue Dec 16 23:26:33 UTC 2003

Hi !

I was trying to simulate a break event in order to get the slime
debugger buffer (*sldb*).  I use the latest slime from the CVS.

Here is the problem I got :

1.  I started Emacs, then type M-x "slime"
2.  after the CL-USER> prompt I type "(break)"

Then I get the OpenMCL restarts :

 > Break in process Swank(2):
 > While executing: "Unknown"
 > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort.
 > If continued: Return from BREAK.
Type :? for other options.
1 >

The problem is that I really can't get out of this, if I type ":pop"
for instance, Emacs tell me that the "Text is read only".  Then Emacs
is stuck there, the only way to get out of this is to quit Emacs and
restart.  I sometimes get the same problem when pressing return or some
other key without evaluating "(break)" ...

I am sorry if this behaviour is normal, I am a Lisp newbie and I am
still learning how to use the Emacs environment.

Cheers,
Camille