[slime-devel] Re: sldb-continue

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Tue Dec 16 08:40:08 UTC 2003

Alan Ruttenberg <alanralanr at comcast.net> writes:

> I added a "continue" restart so that you could continue after
> interrupting in openmcl. The thing is that when you do continue you
> get a "Evaluation aborted" message in the minibuffer, (but evaluation
> proceeds properly). How do I repair this?

I can fix this -- I have the fix on my hard disk somewhere, I think I
committed it on a dead-end CVS branch a ways back.

The solution is to special-case Emacs's invoke-restart command as an
asynchronous request that doesn't expect a reply. Then Emacs doesn't
push a "waiting evaluation result" onto its state machine -- it will
only get aborted (and print this message) when the restart unwinds the
stack anyway.

Cheers,
Luke