[slime-devel] OpenMCL

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri Dec 12 21:29:32 UTC 2003

On 12 Dec 2003, at 15:57, Sean O'Rourke wrote:

> Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
>> Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> writes:
>>> However, there is a problem in the debugger connection in cvs head
>>> (as
>>> compared to the version we checked out 2 days ago): an undefined
>>> function like (foo) gives an (presumably emacs) error: error in
>>> process filter: Assertion failed: (<= (length frames) maximum-length)
>>
>> I couldn't reproduce this.  Are you using XEmacs or Emacs?
>> Until we know what the problem is, you can disable the SLIME debugger
>
> Also, commenting out the assertion seems to "fix" the problem --
> nothing else seems to break when you do so.

I don't know who commited what, but I just did an update and the
problem that I reported went away, Thanks!

In the general discussion about SLIME and debugging, I think that a way
to recover better from 'problems' (i.e. SLIME losing control and an
error appearing in the inferior lisp) so that one can continue to work.
The greatest showstopper is that you have to relaunch the inferior lisp
(or worse, that emacs hangs waiting for something).

Is there some release tagging for SLIME ? I think it would be useful
for users to be able to report bugs against version numbers - just a
thought.

Sven

Sven Van Caekenberghe - mailto:sven at beta9.be
Beta Nine - software engineering - http://www.beta9.be
.Mac - svc at mac.com - http://homepage.mac.com/svc

"Lisp isn't a language, it's a building material." - Alan Kay