[slime-devel] Re: OpenMCL

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Fri Dec 12 20:41:27 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> This "monitor" buffer automatically pops up when a new thread becomes
> debugable.
>
> If you select a thread with RET or a mouse click, the debugger gets
> attached to it. You can either debug it to completion, or just partly
> debug it and pop back into the monitor to do something else while it
> waits. The attached debugger is like the *sldb* buffer, in Distel it
> looks like this:
>   http://www.bluetail.com/~luke/misc/erlang/dbg-attach.png
>   (The red lines indicate breakpoints.)
>
> How does that sound?

Are you planning to make it possible to debug multiple threads
simultaneously--I.e. it might be nice to set break points in two
places that will be hit be different threads and then debug them both
at the same time (in two different debugging buffers); for example
step a little way in one thread, then switch to the other; etc.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com