[slime-devel] Re: Problem running PortableAllegroServe using CMUCL under SLIME

andreas fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Fri Dec 12 12:55:34 UTC 2003

Today, Ivan Toshkov <ivan at toshkov.org> wrote:
> 1) Starting SLIME -> CMUCL -> PortableAServe's examples;
> 2) After some browsing, the PortableAServe prints some messages to
>    the
> *SLIME-REPL* (IIRC the name) buffer;
> 3) After that, when I try to evaluate anything in the *SLIME-REPL*
> buffer, I got something like "This buffer is read-only" in the status
> bar and the caret moved to the top of the buffer.

I can see that problem without PAserve, too. it seems to be related
with output that arrives after the prompt was printed.

evaluating something in a slime buffer with C-M-x (or doing anything
that causes output) fixes that most of the time.

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boikor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs