[slime-devel] hyperspec.el and Map_Sym.txt

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:40:36 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Just a note about the copy of hyperspec.el that comes with SLIME: it
is _not_ necessary to set `common-lisp-hyperspec-symbol-table' in your
.emacs if you use Hyperspec 6.0. The contents of the "Map_Sym.txt"
file are already hardcoded into hyperspec.el as the default.

Brian Rice reports that it's much faster to load SLIME if you ignore
that variable and use the builtin symbol table, because it saves

I didn't even know the variable existed -- in my .emacs I just set
`common-lisp-hyperspec-root' to point at a local copy.

Cheers,
Luke