[slime-devel] Re: Rape/Steal/Pillage

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Dec 10 14:02:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 03:01:01PM +0100, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> Ideally your example code above belongs in `cl-indent.el' that comes
> with Emacs. It should know how to indent Common Lisp properly.

It should, but it really doesn't. Or at least it gets easily confused.
Backquotes and character-read-macros screw it up royally.

Also, it could be made more dwimmish about indentation of some forms
if it had an access to their arglists... ;)

> trees and manually keeping them in sync (as with hyperspec.el today),
> but that's okay.

Ob hyperspec... How would you feel about moving that functionality to
the CL side of things? Or ar least the symbol->url mapping part of it.

I'm alluding to HYPERSPEC-LOOKUP and HYPERDOC here, of course.

 http://common-lisp-net/project/hypespec-lookup/
 http://common-lisp-net/project/hyperdoc/

The nice feature of such a move would be the ability for arbitrary
packages to provide hypertext documentation.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus