[slime-devel] Re: Rape/Steal/Pillage

Alain.Picard at memetrics.com Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Wed Dec 10 04:04:23 UTC 2003

Peter Seibel writes:
 > Alain.Picard at memetrics.com writes:

 > > And my current initialization file is full of crud like
 > > this:
 > >   (put 'setq 'common-lisp-indent-function '(2 6))
 > >   (put 'setf 'common-lisp-indent-function '(2 6))
 > >   (put 'unwind-protect 'common-lisp-indent-function '(2 &body))
 > >   ;; etc
 > >
 > > to get common lisp indentation coming out "standard".  Should
 > > all this stuff be part of SLIME?
 >
 > I'm just a lurker here but I'd argue that it'd be nice if the stuff
 > that doesn't *need* to be integrated with SLIME be teased out into a
 > separate thing.

Okay, let's change the question: should all this sort of
crud be part of a common-lisp-edit.el add-on that people can
choose to use or not use, as they wish?  Whether or not that
file is distributed as part of the SLIME project is something
we can sort out later.

I agree with your sentiment of separating the editing commands
from the inferior lisp communications commands.