[slime-devel] longer initial backtrace

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Dec 8 00:42:48 UTC 2003

Ahoy,

I checked in the change we discussed to fetch more backtrace frames by
default, and use the '--more--' token to try and avoid shoving our
"SWANK"-related frames in your face. I did it with a regexp on the
elisp side.

One thing to look out for is that SBCL on PPC gets an error trying to
format certain backtrace frames, and since this change generally
causes more frames to get formatted it can provoke the problem. The
only trouble case seen so far is doing "(/ 1 0)" in the REPL.

Dan's looking into it. Meanwhile, if it causes you grief you can bung
(setq swank::*sldb-initial-frames* 1) into your ~/.swank.lisp to get
the old behaviour back.

Cheers,
Luke