[slime-devel] Slime/SBCL/FreeBSD oddities

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Fri Dec 5 10:36:04 UTC 2003

        FreeBSD 4.9 Stable, SBCL 0.8.6.21, current SLIME.

        Hi. I have a Lisp file that has some large forms (a defconst
for a vector holding 1024 integers, for instance).

        If I hit C-c C-e over this form, it is evaluated in the
*inferior-lisp* buffer.

        If I hit C-c C-c, I get a "broken pipe" error. I've tried
reducing the size of the vector, and I see this problem down to
(about) 480 characters. This is just below the "pipesize" limit on my
box, which is 512.

        Does anyone see this on other platforms, and other versions of
Common Lisp?

Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/
Fast Search & Transfer ASA           Phone: +47 23 01 11 60
P.O. Box 1677 Vika                   Fax:   +47 35 54 87 99
NO-0120 Oslo, NORWAY                 Mob:   +47 48 01 11 60

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/