[slime-devel] Re: New user, and keybindings revisited

Håkon Alstadheim haalst at online.no
Thu Dec 4 22:47:51 UTC 2003

> Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:
>
> > Now we've also added a command that goes to the next definition (like
> > M-, in etags) on `C-M-.'.
>
> Hmm, well, etags has C-M-. as `find-tag-regexp'. Conceivably we could
> do a command like that too.
>
> Whaddayareckon, can we push through a rebellion against etags
> bindings, or is resistance futile (and annoying)?

If it bugs me enough (i.e. I actually start using slime for all my
lisp stuff and the keybindings bug me) I'll submit a patch for an
option variable, e.g. slime-mimic-etags, which could be set to t
automatically whenever emacs-nit-picker was t :-)

P.S: My first priority in making myself athome in slime is something
else, see my next post.