[slime-devel] Re: [Ilisp-devel] SLIME

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:19:34 UTC 2003

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> I haven't used ILISP for some time and things may have changed in the
> meantime, but I think ILISP needs a way to detect the prompt of the
> Lisp to work properly.  I think ILISP hangs or breaks if the prompt
> regexp is not set correctly.  AFAIK inf-lisp also uses a such a
> regexp, but doesn't break if the regexp is wrong.  So in this sense
> inf-lisp is more robust.

FWIW, I always used ILISP before, and this was the big problem for
me. It seemed very common when Lisp was asynchronously printing
messages, then it would get wedged when e.g. trying to fetch an
arglist. Sometimes combinations of C-g and `M-x repair-ilisp' would
unwedge it, but other times I'd need to restart Lisp.

Also, I really wished that printed output from Lisp would be inserted
before the prompt. That may even fix the problem above by keeping the
prompt in the right place.

Cheers,
Luke