[slime-devel] SLIME on a local socket

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 1 08:25:13 UTC 2003

Daniel Barlow <dan at telent.net> writes:

> Opinions?  You can get attachtty as part of detachtty, in Debian,
> FreeBSD ports, or from http://www.cliki.net/detachtty

Are you aware that CVS Emacs has support for Unix sockets?  It does
server socket too.

I don't know why people are so keen to use a setup where the Lisp and
Emacs are on different machines, but whenever I tried to do something
like that (e.g, with remote-compile) it didn't work very well and I
always run Emacs on the same machine.  Is this a feature we want to
support or is this a would-be-nice-in-an-ideal-world thing?