[slime-devel] Re: [Ilisp-devel] SLIME

Bill Clementson bill_clementson at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 02:28:15 UTC 2003

--- Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> wrote:
> (*) This probably explains why loading inf-lisp
> hijacks all my
> lisp-mode key bindings, instead of being nice and
> using a minor-mode.

I found this comment curious as I thought that you
used only a TCP socket to communicate between emacs
and cl. I had a look at the source and you do require
inferior lisp mode (ILM) and comint mode. What is the
rationale for using both inferior lisp mode and a TCP
socket? Is your intention to entirely replace ILM with
socket communication or will you continue to use ILM
for some things and sockets for others?

--
Bill Clementson