[LispSea] availability, skills and interests

Daniel Pezely djp07 at speakeasy.net
Thu Sep 11 18:18:03 UTC 2008

Since there were only a few LispSea presentations in 2007 and none
this year so far (more about that later), I've wondered what else
might work for everyone on this list?

There are about 50 people subscribed, yet what do we know about one
another?

Some of you are earning a good living developing almost exclusively in
Common Lisp.  Some have gone deep into Clojure while others kept up
with Clozure.  Others have occasional digressions into JavaScript.

Which Lisp are you?  What are your preferred implementations?
(Allegro, CMU CL, LispWorks, SBCL,...)

Working with Lisp in your day job?  As a consultant?  Moonlighting for
your own project/startup?  A recruiter lurking for that ideal
candidate (because you've observed Lisp-heads coding circles around
the 20 year veteran C/C++ guy) and sense the Lisp renaissance emerging?

Also, if you happen to have posted your own Road To Lisp (here's mine: http://wiki.alu.org/Daniel_Pezely%27s_Road_to_Lisp)
, it might be worth adding the link to keep from repeating yourself.

So... Who are you?

Thanks,
-Daniel
--