[LispSea] Space for meetings

Brian T. Rice briantrice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 03:38:39 UTC 2007

Hello to fellow Seattle Lisp users,

I'm involved with a geek-y regular event called Saturday House (see http://www.saturdayhouse.org
), which now has a cheap office space down in Sodo a few blocks south
of Qwest Field on 1st Ave. I'd like to invite LispSea users and
LispSea as a group to meet at the space for perhaps once-a-month or
more-frequent gatherings.

There's a Starbucks next door and a pub/diner down the block, and we
have enough office furniture to make it worthwhile. The place seems to
accommodate about 25 people comfortably, and has 3 spaces with a kind
of lounge in front. Connectivity is pretty decent via ClearWire but
we're already looking to improve it. We may also have a projector
regularly available soon (some are available, but are not always
around).

There are a lot of hackers involved and we've been cranking out a few
projects under the moniker Six-Hour Startup (http://blog.sixhourstartup.com
).

So far, Saturdays and Wednesday evenings are the only days where we've
been using the space, so we are trying to invite user groups that we
like to make whatever use of the space that seems fit. Some of our
regulars have already expressed interest in a Lisp learning session
and a few are already learning Scheme via SICP, so I think LispSea is
a good fit.

Anyway, feel free to visit on Saturdays to check it out and
participate. If you want to do a Lisp presentation or jam session on
code, we should have a conversation to arrange it.

Thanks!