[LispSea] Was there ever a Lisp for VMS on Alpha?

Ira Kalet ikalet at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 9 17:37:19 UTC 2006

There was a Common Lisp that ran on VAX VMS, called oddly enough
VAXLisp.  It was very full function and high quality.  I think it was
actually developed by Lucid and sold by DEC.  I don't believe it was
ported to VMS on the Alpha.  It had full support for CLX and DECWindows.
  The DECWindows documentation is still available on line at

http://www.sysworks.com.au/disk$cddoc04jan11/decw$book/aa-mk71b-01__a01_b2.decw$book

A quick check at the ALU site turns up the Poplog project, which DOES
claim to support VMS, but again not clear if it runs on Alpha or just
old VAXen.  They do claim to support Alpha/Digital Unix.

http://www.poplog.org/

Ira Kalet
University of Washington